Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Cars, The New Curse

My dad used to always say that cars have replaced the curse that God put on the ground, since most of us aren't farmers anymore. Anyway, I have a feeling my car is going to need a new clutch soon, but the past couple of days it has been shaking at high speeds, I thought I needed a balence, so I took it into the tire place. The dude at the desk started taking my information down and a young guy, who I didn't recognize came up to him and whisped in his ear "hook him up, he works at my church." And then he walked away. Turns out when they looked at the tires, they found that they were dangerously bald on the inside (I guess it's been about 50k since I had new tires). But they still hooked me up with four tires for about $160 tax included out the door. Pretty sweet deal, especially since money's a bit tight this month.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hook ups are sweet

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kinda in the same boat, getting married in less than two weeks...and my work threw a suprise shower and had an amazing cash gift for my bride to be and I...

Its nice when the people around you step in and can lend a helpful hand!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home