Thursday, June 16, 2005

Barnes and Noble

A guy that goes to our church and works at Barnes and Noble asked me to make a book suggestion for the "Christianity" section. He is asking area pastors every month to give a suggestion and write a couple sentences about the book. I told him I'm not a pastor, but he said it didn't really matter, so here's what I sent him.

Ok there are like five that I wanted to pick, but I finally chose G.K Chesterton's Orthodoxy.

Chesterton's response to critics of his book "Heretics" is a book about Meaning, Beauty and Truth. He echoes this in his chapter The Ethics Of Elfland "I am concerned with a certain way of looking at life, which was created in me by the fairy tales, but has since been meekly ratified by the mere facts."

You can read the whole book online here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice Dan!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home