Monday, June 20, 2005

Switchfootish

Ok, so this is really, really weird, but kind of cool.

Our church band "ish" is going to be playing at the Jackson County Fair on August 9th. We weren't looking for a gig or anything, but a cool guy from our church picked up our cd and passed it along to the fair manager, who really liked it and decided to ask us to play. The thing is, later that night Switchfoot is playing and there's a slight possibility that we could open for them if the opening act falls through. I think it will be really fun, although it feels kind of weird becuase our songs are written for our specific church family and I'm not sure how the average joe at the fair will think of it (but Switchfoot is Christian right?). Maybe we should wear wtfwjd tees.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan Price, making it big in the Christian music business!! Just kidding, I really like your stuff. A lot. And I think it'll be a fun gig.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be praying against the opening band.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Yeah, I just hope I can somehow meet Michael W. Smith now that he's buddies with Bono.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Wait, isn't Michael W. Smith hanging out with Bono a sign of the End Times?

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you or Sean could wear the tee-shirt... Might look kind of weird if we all wore matching shirts :) But, I do think that would be pretty cool if someone wore one... we'd probably get quite a few people talking about us behind our backs.
Jen

11:13 AM  
Blogger learner said...

I love the ish cd its is my car its my morning ride to school music. Any way I just might have to go to the fair then!

10:00 PM  
Blogger yack said...

Question regarding wtfwjd - where is the balance between being cool, postmodern, freethinking Christians, and crossing the line into "coarse jesting", "stumblingblock", or failing to "flee even the appearance of evil?" In some senses, it may depend on the crowd - but how would you like to be the parent explaining to his 10 year old, "Daddy, what is wtfwjd?"

12:07 AM  
Blogger yack said...

by the way, I love the CD and we are playing "Your Ways" again tomorrow morning in worship at Grace Summit

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home