Monday, June 13, 2005

Mike Tyson

In liu of Mike Tyson's recent loss and consequential retirement, I've been reading some of his quotes, they've for the most part been pretty crazy. Here's an interesting one:

"I feel like sometimes that I was born, that I'm not meant for this society because everyone here is a f**king hypocrite. Everybody says they believe in God but they don't do God's work. Everybody counteracts what God is really about. If Jesus was here, do you think Jesus would show me any love? Do you think Jesus would love me? I'm a Muslim, but do you think Jesus would love me ... I think Jesus would have a drink with me and discuss ... why you acting like that? Now, he would be cool. He would talk to me. No Christian ever did that and said in the name of Jesus even ... They'd throw me in jail and write bad articles about me and then go to church on Sunday and say Jesus is a wonderful man and he's coming back to save us. But they don't understand that when he comes back, that these crazy greedy capitalistic men are gonna kill him again."

8 Comments:

Blogger Adam R. Crawford said...

Wow. That's actually a pretty sane quote. I really can't say I disagree with it for the most part.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Yeppers Jesus drank.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Nice

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't see why some of our faith can't come from what mike tyson said just because he is mike tyson. i think that he has a very legitimate argument and there's no doubt in my mind that the capitalists would kill Jesus if they gained a profit by it. i don't know why we as Christians don't sit down and enjoy a beverage with our fellow mike tysons more often anyways.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

well said annon. I agree.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Connor Walsh said...

me too.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...

The quote is same enough. But as to having a drink with Iron Mike?

History shows it to be ill advised to be in the same bar with Tyson.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sane enough, rather

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home