Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Update

Friday:
We had fondue with Jen and Eric craft. It was a great meal with steak, bread, cheese, toffee, fruit, artichoke dip, Chimay and best of all, good friends. A special occasion for sure.

Saturday:
The Amsterdam team met and a few people shared about their lives. It's amazing how much our past sticks with us. It's amazing to hear everyone's crazy background and to now see how God is working on them. Good stuff.

Then that night we started a weekend of folk-band music at the Riverview services. Brandon, Laura, Jeff and I played and it was some of the most fun I'd had playing in a while. We did some Hank Williams, some Nitty Gritty Dirt band and some Wilco/Woody Guthrie. Fun stuff.

Sunday:
Continuation of the folk stuff at Riverview.

Tonight we studied chapter 3 in Romans in our Bible study. It was probably the best talk so far. It felt like people were listening and respecting each other's opinions really well and it felt like we are starting to get to know each other. All good things.

Then later, I just hung out with the wife and kid. I love them so much. They are the greatest of my earthly joy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fondue was so special. A time I will never forget. Thank you guys so much! Also, I totally enjoyed the folk band - the talent and the sounds. It's great to be able to sing to God with different sounds... I know He loves it :)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home