Monday, October 24, 2005

recording more

Wow, I've been totally out of the loop on things this weekend becuase we've been doing tons of recording. We are almost done. Sean has some guitar overdubs and Joel's band has one song to do, but besides that we are ready to mix and master. I have to tell you, if you are looking for recording in the area, you have to check out Ryan Wert at Elm Street Recording, he knows what he's doing.

The highlights of this album for me are going to be "At The End Of The Age" and the heavenly, dissonant noise at the end of the cd which was created by me playing keys, synth, kaoss pad, out of tune pump organ, toy piano, and cookie sheets. And Eric Craft played the glass and a little precussion box. I think we will call it "joy."

Anyway, I really think this is going to be a great album.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Sweet, I'm excited to hear it. Experimenting with sounds in the studio is a lot of fun!

Any idea when it will be available?

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously... Sunday was SO much fun!! Ryan at Elm Street does such a great job and makes the whole process really comfortable and un-stressed. Thanks again for including me!!
Jen

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are too kind. i need to get pictures from you and/or erik of you playing the pump organ. that's straight up website material.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Brad and Megan said...

Wish I could be there throwing down some drum tracks, but Kyle's more than ample. See ya round Christmas.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home