Monday, October 17, 2005

Dreams

I had a bad night of sleep last night. I dreamt about my dad three times. The dreams were a backwards progression of time and they actually got better as they went.

The first one was when he was sick in the hospital. It was a nightmare.

The second was at some family holiday or event and he was joking around.

The third one was when I was a kid and we had just come home from an hour long trip to Cleveland. I was tired and barely awake, but pretending to be fully alseep. He picked me up, slung me over his shoulder and tucked me into my bed.

I miss him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams can be rough and stay with you during the day. I remember when my grandma died, I had quite a few dreams like that. I missed her lot, still do actually. I always wish you can go back to the good ol' days when things seem to be less chaotic. I don't know a lot of change happened in the family's dynamics when my grandma died, and it just seemed she was the cement that held everything together.
Praying for you
~dakota_dreamer

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home