Monday, August 22, 2005

Nostalgia

It feels like fall today. I sometimes miss my college days. Cedarville had it's share of demons, but I also had so many good experiences there. These days remind me of fly fishing in Cedar lake, taking walks with suzanne down main street, playing gigs at Bean's 'N Cream with William's boot, or hitting the Yellow Springs street fair with the guys from the Hill. I remember eating black bean burgers at Jamie and Andy's and our thursday night book club at Andrew Huss's, where we'd drink Mike's Hard Lemonade and hope that no prudish RA's would show up. So tonight I'll throw one back to the great memories at the 'ville, I wish it could be with Dan and Andie, or Shane and Erin, or Scott, Jeff, Andrew, Jamie or Andy, or even DK. Miss you guys.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally feel like that some times too. As many things as I hated about Cedarville, I would never trade the experiences I had and friends that I made there. Sniffle, sniffle...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing when I woke up this morning.... About Fall, not about Cedarville... Or about drinking Wine Coolers. My wife likes wine coolers.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

wine coolers remind me of chocolate martinis

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you and suz too. yeah, it had its problems but the friends I made there make it more than worth it.
I can't wait for the Wilco show in indy!
jeff

7:28 PM  
Blogger Hanna Sojourn said...

Tears fall and the happy thoughts wipe them off.
Miss those good old times with you guys, Jeff, JB(Wilson), philosophy group, and others.
Sometimes I even find myself missing the demons of Cedarville. I mean how many got ask to leave the school by Paul Dixion?
Dan, we should talk again soon.
Daniel

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey my friend,

It was nice reading your post...

I miss Williams Boot as well. You sure did play a mean guitar. Remember "Leroy Brown"? and our 20 minute "Hey Joe"'s? How about "The Weight"

"Take a load off Annie, take a load for free, take a load off Aniie..and put the load right on me"

I miss you man...

Hope all is well

Andy

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love fall--fall always conjures nostalgia for me. However, lately, I have not wanted to think about the past, but take my love for fall, along with all the past feelings and experiences, and look to right now and the future. For example, yesterday, when I was feeling fall, I thought about how I can't wait to go with my dad to an apple orchard in Michigan when all the leaves have turned. Drink warm apple cider and eat fresh donuts--yeah...that sounds nice....
But back to what you said originally , I miss you guys too...

love,
erin

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home