Wednesday, August 10, 2005

yesterday

Well, we had fun playing last night. Thanks to everyone who came out. You made us feel loved. It was cool to see people sitting there singing alone with us.

I also met Switchfoot yesterday. Weird. I was trying to find the fair director who had promised us free tickets, and I hear "is Dan Price around?!!!" It was the fair director calling me. I went over to her and said hello.

She grabbed my arm and whispered "I want you to be my special guest to meet Switchfoot backstage."

I looked at Suzanne who couldn't hear what was going on and said "Suz?"

The fair director (Sally) said "oh you want to bring your friend?"

"Sure."

So we line up single file to go backstage with about ten preteen girls with nervous smiles and pictures of Switchfoot ready to be signed. We went in and lined up with our backs against a wall. I thought we were going to be last in line, but we turned out to be first.

The guys shook our hands introduced themselves, asked our names and moved on. Then a couple came back and started chit chatting for a few minutes. They were pretty nice guys. I felt bad that I didn't know their names or any of their songs, and I think they knew we weren't die-hard fans, but they were cool with that anyway. We got into talking music a bit and I mentioned Wilco and a couple of the guys heard and were like "those guys are awesome, beautiful songs." Appearently they opened for Wilco a few years ago. Then we left. I'm never washing my hand.

2 Comments:

Blogger JeepGuyMike said...

Dan: "I'm never washing my hand."

This from the guy three sentences up said: "I felt bad that I didn't know their names or any of their songs, and I think they knew we weren't die-hard fans..."

9:39 PM  
Blogger jimmy said...

I met those guys when they opened for Delirious. Nobody knew who they were (myself included) back then. They were super cool. The guys from Delirious were cool too.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home