Thursday, May 05, 2005

Looking for Stories

It's crazy that I happen to be teaching in Noel's paradox series on the The Problem of Evil (or Theodicy). I'm seeing more pain right now in my life than I have in quite a while. Obviously with my dad and family things have been tough, my uncle has to have five-way heart bypass, friends are going through crazy difficult things in their lives and I am not really able to help, except to try and do the best to comfort them.

Anyway, I'm teaching in a few weeks and am looking for any kind of stories in which you or someone you know has experience some kind of pain, and maybe this is the kind of thing where you saw how God is glorified, maybe it isn't. I'd really like to get some perspective from real people instead of just throwing out the logical arguments for God being good (although I might do some of that also). So if you have something to share, you can comment here, or email me. If your story heavily involves someone else, it might be best to email me and then we can talk about it. Thanks all...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim P. said...

Dan, There is a wonderful film based on a true story that really does a remarkable job with this issue. It's an independent film called To End All Wars.

I urge you to watch it.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the tip!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home