Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mountain Air


Mountain View Dan, originally uploaded by groovingdan.

This is the view out my window. Pretty amazing.

The Mountain air is so fresh and at the same time it makes your lungs work harder (being that there is about a third less of it than at home). So I am drinking lots of water and resting a decent amount. I now understand why the Broncos have such home field advantage.

Do you ever read a well-known passage of scripture and see it in a new way? Today I was reading the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew and read the "Golden Rule" you know, "do unto others..." and I never really noticed the context before. We usually take that and say "don't hurt each other because you wouldn't want to be hurt." And I'm sure it could mean that sometimes. But it comes in part of Jesus' talk where he is talking about how God gives good gifts, just like father's give good gifts. And he ends with the Golden Rule.

I never saw it before, but I take it to mean that the Golden Rule (I hate that term) is primarily teaching us to bless people. Give good gifts to people. Isn't it amazing when someone goes way out of there way to do something for you? When people sacrifice something to give to you, it just blows you away. It is an "outwards" way of living. Read the passage and let me know if you think that's what it's saying.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man...I just wanted to say hi. I just thought about your xanga site and cruised over here. That's a good lookin boy you have. I haven't updated my Xanga in forever. I was thinking about moving over to blogger and starting back up. I was just so busy last year. I will let you know what I do so you can catch up! http://www.xanga.com/normad

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home