Friday, October 08, 2004

converge together

So our young couples hangout is called "Together" and yes, I know it's very cheesy. I emailed a bunch of people when we were trying to come up with a name for it and I told them that we would have to call it Together unless someone could come up with another name for it. Anyway, today I had a great lunch with a guy named JR who emailed me today and suggested Convergence
"n.
The process of coming together or the state of having come together toward a common point."

What do you guys think? We may not be able to change it right away, but should we? Does this word work?

Anyway, we are still in the process of putting the worship teams together. We are having some call backs next week. I hate telling people that we can't use them right now. So far I've had no complaints though, so far...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife found your blog using the "next blog" BUTTON. Turns out we have a lot in common, what with the church music, some of our entertainment choices, and the new baby and all.

Anyway, I'll enjoy checking your thoughts occasionally in the world of blog-dom. If you're down with reading up on a fellow postmodern traveler, swing by http://trevdiesel.blogspot.com sometime.

Peace, Shalom, Namaste'

-Trevor

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've grown to like the name "TOGETHER". I do think Convergence works though, and we would have to make the change gradually, but it's possible. It's definately more interesting : )

Shanna

8:59 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Yeah, i'm down with keeping it Together. It reminds me of God working despite our humanity (and my cheesiness).

12:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa Kranzo said...

Convergence doesn't sound personal and inviting to me. Kyle thinks it sounds like...well, I'll let him tell you.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

So Convergence it is!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

you know i'm kiddin'

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gel'in. That's what Joey and I called it (as a joke) but I don't think we have a vote anymore :o)
--Holly

9:20 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

holly, that is the secret name. That won't change ever.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

I know, I was just trying to trick Holly. We are going to let her pretend that it's the secret name, but it really isn't....



Oh, man I did it again!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the sound of Convergence when I first read about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that Together is more appropriate... It is a group of couples (who are already Together) getting Together with other couples... My suggestion for the group would be to open it up to couples of any age... It would probably still be mostly younger couples, but who knows? Maybe there are some olders who would enjoy the fellowship, and we could support the multi-generational thing that Noel preached about. Just a thought...

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home