Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super

So I'm watching the Super Bowl in a hotel in Orlando. We've had a unique opportunity to catch up with Scott and Tammi here as they are on their way back from a family cruise, pretty sweet.

We've been suffering some cold weather, it's dipped down into the 60's (pout pout, please pretend that you feel sorry for me), but today was warmer the rest of the week should be nice.

I've had an amazing time, just relaxing. I've never been on a vacation where I've actually relaxed. I've always had work or it's been like a two day vacation, or their was so much going on that the vacation was a lot of work. But this is nice. I'm almost done reading "Brothers, We Are Not Professional's" by John Piper. It is a book written to pastor's about remembering what is important. Piper challenges pastors to think about hard things and to sacrifice and to feel deeply about what they are doing. I don't agree with everything he says; for instance he suggests that the purpose of our sleep is just to refresh ourselves for our work, where I don't think it's quite that simple, but overall the challenges that he raises are important to remember and are easily ignored by those in the "profession." Scott called the purpose of the book "the perfect way to do church in a modern culture. Nice summary, although I would add that most of Piper's comments carry relevance and should challenge emerging leaders.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... I'm all for sleep being to be refreshed! In fact, I need some. Steve

7:56 PM  
Blogger bpm said...

hey dan...peep my blog, i've been using it quite a bit lately. Don Miller is speaking at Harvard this weekend and I'm gonna go see him. Right after we get a big dump of snow. Forget Florida man, the northeast is where its at.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

brian, where is your blog?

9:47 AM  
Blogger bpm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home