Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Percolator

il Bacio Cafe is now my favorite coffee shop in the area. It has free wireless internet, free refills and a soothing fountain that reminds me that I need to pee every so often. I also get so much done at coffee shops. I think there are enough distractions here that I don't have the need to distract myself, which leads to getting things done.

Right now I'm working on a music/communion service for January. My question of the day for you guys is, do Christ Followers (or as the semantic Nazi, JR puts it "Jesus Followers) need to confess our sins to God, even though he has already forgiven them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Hanna Sojourn said...

There is something about coffee shops. What is it that drives us to work at them, over and over, and then when we are not working at them we are hanging at them. Some may say that it is the caffeine but I say that it is something much deeper.
This is one more reason for you to come for a visit. There is a coffee shop almost on every corner. This is no exaggeration. Vienna the world of coffee shops; a bit of heaven on this crazy plant.
To the question of the day, I would ask what you mean by "need." If you mean as some requirement for forgiveness, then no. But if you mean to a need as that which is good for us, as a discipline, then yes. It seems to be a spiritual practice that should be done. Only should meaning that it is good for us, maybe in the sense of reminding us of grace and forgiveness or maybe to remind us not to do it again. Or simply as a humbling experience.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Dan-I really like your answer, it seems to echo the stess that Don Miller puts on relationship instead of formulas.

JL-il Bacio is over by Applebees on S. Cedar, near MC Sports. We should grab some coffee there sometime. It's been way too long!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, coffee shops, a love that is growing throughout the world. my friend who goes to school in michigan used to make fun of me for hanging out at 3-cups all the time, and then she finds one up there that she goes to religiously. I'm sorry to hear about ur dad. I know you've heard it all already: I'm sorry, I'm praying for you; i know what ur going through, etc. There's nothing i can really say to make it all better. The only think I do know is during a time like this you need to keep your friends and family close. Love you guys.
Kel

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home