Friday, September 30, 2005

not so terrible

Shakin Sugar from the album "More Like The Moon" by Wilco




Well, we've had good luck going with Cheap Red Wine. Decent luck with Messiah Bold beer. And a couple nights ago we drank some Terrible beer, brewed by Unibroue in Canada. It's a Belgium style beer that went great with our terryaki steak and rice and even chocolate for desert. It had a pretty complex taste, part smoky, part fruity-sweet. It's 11% alcohol, so take your time! I would have preferred for the beer to have thicker head like Guinness, so I'll give it a B+ overall. Check it out.

I'm also messing around with ecto becuase Noel likes it. We'll see...

5 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

I used ot be a beer snob, but it's too much work. I even brewed my own but, like I said, too much work.

I always come back to Bud...

I know, I know, wifebeater beer. What can I say, I like it!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Ireland, my Belgium neighbor brought back a whole bunch of Belgium beer and we had a Belgium party. There was even beer there that was 12%. It was pretty good stuff, but they apparently don't drink they're beer cold, so kinda weird. They had some interesting beers that she called dessert beer that do go in the fridge. that was good, they had like peach, and strawberry flavored and stuff like that.
Kel

9:52 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Yeah, you have to drink that Belgium beer warm. Tastes much better that way.

Yeah, Jimmy, I guess I'm a beer snob, but I will drink Bud with you, if that's what you are drinking.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Noel Heikkinen said...

let me know if you like Ecto because we can get a volume discount.

10:17 AM  
Blogger jimmy said...

cool Dan, next time you're in Northern California callme up! I'm buying...

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home