Friday, September 30, 2005

I'm your disappointment

So well all get disapointed with people. I've had friends say that they will do something, then they don't. It's dissapointing. What I'm realizing is that I'm that person much of the time.


Oh, it comes from good intentions of course.


I really want to start a band with every musician that comes up to me.


I really want to start this or that ministry and see it becoming something that deeply affects people in it.


I really want to be best friends with all the guys that I'm close with.


But much of the time it doesn't happen.


I think it's about not overcommitting. It's doing what I can with the time I'm allowed. It's doing the things that I'm best at, using what God has given me. Not trying to become an expert on the things that I suck at, becuase it aint ever gonna happen. It's about my "yes being yes" and my "no, being no." It's wisdom. I need more.

Stay Positive from the album "Original Pirate Material" by The Streets

1 Comments:

Blogger Stevo said...

Great post Dan.

I think shear busyness one of the prime reasons we are so disconnected from the people around us. Seems, 9 times out of 10, when I try to get to know someone the effort falls flat from an inability to get a spot in their schedule.

I'm guilty of this as well, even though I've made a purposeful effort the past few years to slow my life down.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home