Wednesday, April 06, 2005

going

Well, things have not turned out well for my Dad. This round of chemo did not work, and so the doctors did everything that they could. There is nothing else... except to make my dad comfortable. Tough thing to do I'd think, make someone comfortable, when they are going through this. They gave him "months." Still so unbelievable. Anyway, the three of us are heading down Friday for the weekend. Dad said it's time for some serious talk. And I guess that he is right. I know we need to face this, but I really don't want to. I'd rather tell you how I like the new Jack Johnson album, even though it is the same as his last two, just with different lyrics. I want to tell you about how wonderful the Bannana Foster is at the Crepe shop. I want to tell you about the song that Brian and I have been working on. But I should probably face this instead of compartmentalizing my life with such well-defined lines.

7 Comments:

Blogger Connor Walsh said...

im so sorry bro. please know that you and your family are in my prayers. if that offers any comfort at all

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news Dan, been praying along w/ everyone else for your dad. Your mention of tough talk reminded me of when my mom died, over 10 years ago now. We never had those conversations and it make it very difficult to decide what to do when the time for heroric measures came along. Glad your dad willing to tackle these issues now while ya'll still have time to talk it through and process it internally. No fun, but way better than the alternative of waiting till it's too late.

12:35 AM  
Blogger ShannaKay said...

We love you guys very much...

Hugs,
Shanna

7:56 AM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Like Connor said, if it's any comfort at all, know that friends hold your Papa and the rest of your family in our prayers.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to you dan
-brad hilgert

8:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Harden said...

Sucks. Our hearts are with you all. As are our prayers.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home