Saturday, March 19, 2005

Have You Ever Transcended Space or Time?

Ok, sorrry to be such a downer on my blog lately. Needless to say this has been a weird week.

Open mic went pretty well on Tuesday, a lot of people came out and it was good to hear some people play their original stuff. When I got home that night, I started feeling sick. When I woke up I knew I was in for it. But Jaden and I drove to Akron to visit my fam. My dad was at the hospital but was doing decently well, eating, talking, which is good as of late. The first night I was there, Jaden didn't sleep until 5am. The second night, he wouldn't sleep without being on my chest. So I was exhausted on top of being sick. I felt that I didn't really help my family out too much. Thursday my dad came home from the hospital. Things were ok. Friday Jaden and I were leaving, my mom tried to wake my dad up to say goodbye, but he wouldn't wake up, we just thought it was the morphine. We found out later that he had pneumonia. Not good. But then today the doctors said that he was responding well to the antibiotics. So he might be home in a couple of days.

My sis also just called and told us that she and her man Javier have decided to get married this Saturday so my dad can marry him, which is very cool. Jav is a great guy and has been such a help with the family the past couple months. I can tell he loves Rachel so much.

All this to say that things have been up and down. There have been tears and laughter, care and anger, hope and fear. I also am trying to do as much of my job as possible. The church has been awesome about giving me time and space, but at the same time, I want to do my job, earn my keep. I feel a bit behind on some things and am excited to get back into music and together and relationships that I have put off lately. For now, it's touch and go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

You know what? You are really lucky to have a job that is so sympathetic to your needs. There are not enough jobs like this in the world. And what would we do besides go crazy if we couldn't see those who need us as well.

I think even though you were sick, and felt like you didn't do anything, that your dad was really glad you were there. You took time out of your life to cater to his needs, and sometimes the only need is to have family around and within grasping distance.

I wish I had family like that. My mom I know would bend over backwards for us, but my in-laws would put us to the side, and selfishly stay within the borders of their "normal" life. It hurts. It hurts my husband even more.

I will keep praying for you and yours, you have more going for you than you may think, hang in there.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

I'm glad to hear your church is taking care of you while you deal with family issues. It's definately one of the perks of working in a job such as that.

I'm not just saying this to sound nice: but I/we continue to pray for your dad and your family.

Keep your hope afloat. Remember that Easter="New life" so I pray that God will breathe new life and health into you and your family.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home