Tuesday, June 08, 2004

West Nile Virus

Ok, now don't freak out here, but I'm reasonably confident that I have contracted West Nile Virus.

So I went Mountain Biking with Noel this afternoon and we found out that it was us against God's green earth. Man vs. Nature. Battle of the species. Specifically I almost ran over a snake. Noel almost ran over a rabbit and then a baby deer, fawn I think you'd call it. Then we stopped and just stared at the deer with was about ten feet away. Fun.

But, I think the world world was mad at us so it sent a flury of Mesquitos (from the Latin Musca meaning "little fly"-in case you don't know, they like to suck human blood and infect us with various diseases) to attack us and we lost the battle. I've already had Chicken Pox, so I know that these ichy, red bumps are just poison injected by our new enemy the "little fly."

How do I know that I'm infected? I guess I don't for sure. But I do have some of the symtoms that I found on a credible website.

The symptoms read like the following :
"Many people infected with West Nile virus have no symptoms and do not get sick or have only mild symptoms. When infection does cause illness, symptoms will usually appear within two to 15 days. The extent and severity of symptoms vary widely from person to person."

I love you all if these end up being my last days.

Use Deet

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly rabbit...tricks are for kids! HAHAHA!

~Joey

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here is a crazy ass idea.

GO GET TESTED-nebula

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home