Friday, June 25, 2004

"That's Not The Way It's Done"

I got the ichin' to create some music last night. But I didn't have any finished songs, so I just wrote a song while recording. I laid down the acoustic track, and then I spat out some vocals/lyrics (i found God in the nick of time, he was about to knock me down...) and then some experimental electric guitars and finally some white noise.

I find that the new stuff that I'm writing might be less accessible to a broad audience, but there wasn't much of an audience to begin with and I really like the experimentation.

It takes 24 hours to be "approved" on Soundclick.com. But tomorrow you should check it out and tell me what you think. Just click on "My Music" to the left. Remember, I wrote it while recording. One take, so don't expect too much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I d-i-g it.
I like the layering of the guitars
~trevor

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I am also a married 25-year old musician and christian named Dan. I'm from NC and just wanted to say your taste in books, movies, and music is impeccable. And your approach to your faith is refreshingly earnest and open and thoughtful. Just thought I'd pass on some positive feedback. take it easy.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home