Thursday, September 09, 2004

The World Is Our Museum

This past week our small group got together to talk one last time about "Blue Like Jazz." There is on sentence where the Author Donald Miller says something like "I wish I was someone who could like anything and anyone..."

This struck me because it seems that the older I get, the easier it is to just feel comfortable with things and certain people and to disregard everything else. In college there weren't many people that I didn't like, in fact until my senior year, I can't think of a single person. But it seems that as life goes on, there are more people who I find myself allergic to. Just when you think you are a pretty fair person, selfishness seems to creep in and I justify not liking certain people. And this is wrong of me. It's just weird how it gets harder.

Well, as I think more about this, enjoy this photo by Travis

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! i know what you mean... funnny how those things work! yeah... ok im out

2:47 PM  
Blogger Hanna Sojourn said...

Life does feel like a musem or sometimes I feel the same way as if I was in a musem. I think about all the old people and that sort but it is nice to know hey I can leave this musem and get on with the rest of life.
"The individual, is the category through which in a religous respect, this age, all history, the human race as a whole, must pass." Kierkegaard

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soory. that first comment was from me... i never said ho it was from... roz

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home