Sunday, May 16, 2004

Growing up

Ok, I guess it's growing up time. In a way at least. I have to say that I can't stand the thought of people viewing me as old. I know couples that start having kids, buying a house etc...and suddenly they are old. They don't hang out at pubs with their friends. They don't go to concerts. They don't play poker until 3 in the morning. The are just old. So I think I'm just going to buy this house, take care of my kid and wife, and hang on to "life" or "youth" or whatever it is that I'm trying to hang on to. But I really do think it's important. People don't want to be around "old people." And by that I don't mean old in an age-specific way. I know people in their 50's and 60's who don't seem too old. I have to admit though, that after hearing the kid cry last night, I could use a nap...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

having a kid wont doom you to old-dom it will make you go insane, but not old. I suggest listening to some of Bill Cosby's stand-up.

as long as you chose the way of the cool dad and not the old dad, you'll be fine

see ya later pops

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that was me...

Trevor

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, this is David. Remember me? From Ohio?....j/k man. But hey...it's weird, I was reading your blog and then I looked at that new picture of you, then I looked down and I was wearing that same shirt. The shirt you have on with the #47 on it...it's from the GAP. I just bought it a week ago. I didn't even notice you were wearing it before. ttyl

2:36 PM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Thanks for the encouragement trev.... what's up with your blog by the way? I keep reading "Church was Churchy" over and over...

David, Yep can't bet a decent shirt for 10 bucks. Give me a ring sometime. I have the same cell phone number.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur going to be the coolest and hottest dad ever. ;)
Kelly

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home